Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Formal Introductions

I just realized that I have not taken the time to formally introduce myself...Hello!

My name is Tiffani and I'm a 31 female originally from NJ, but was pretty much raised in NC my whole life. I'm a second degree student at UNCG pursuing a degree in Interior Architecture. My first undergraduate degree was in Nursing, which I obtained in Charlotte, NC at Queens University of Charlotte. After obtaining my nursing degree and license I vowed I'd never go back to school for anything ever again, but here I am! I guess that's why they say never say never! 

I love nursing and I love taking care of people, but if you were to ask me if I were passionate about it, I would have to tell you no. When I graduated from high school and got accepted to college I knew I wanted to major in something that was not too competitive and something that I would be guaranteed a job once I completed school. The answer to all of that was nursing, and that's what I did. I do not regret going into the nursing field. I appreciate all the knowledge I have when it comes to health and wellness. I am proud of all the skills I have learned over the years and making a difference in peoples lives on a healthcare level. But now I would like to reach people in a different way. 

I feel deep down inside I am a creative and artsy soul. I could sit for hours doing arts and crafts and not get tired. I love creating things and working with my hands to build. I remember in college I had to take a "fluff" course and decided to take ceramics. In all my years of school (prior to now) never had I stayed in a studio or classroom until 10 or 11 o'clock at night throwing clay. I would put my earbuds in and tune out the world and it would be just me and the clay for hours, and I was at peace every minute of it. I love structures and I love to learn about the different materials used to make them. I love to feel the different textures of different materials. I could spend hours walking around a museum of art just studying and learning about the different artists, their pieces of work, and their muses. 

Because of all this and more is why I find myself embarking on a new path in life. I not only want to learn the above things and more, but I want to be well versed in these areas as well. I want to learn the language that goes along with this medium of knowledge and skill; I want to be apart of that world. And so here I am, back in school at 31 years old breaking my vow to do something I said I wouldn't to chase my dreams and relish in my passion.

No comments:

Post a Comment