Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Drawing 101...Which Freaking Pencil Am I Supposed To Be Using!!??

Pencil Hardness: The Only 4 Pencils You Need

I thought this youtube.com post was great! I don't have any background in drawing. I didn't even realize there was a world of pencils outside of my regular 2H pencil from grade school! With all the sketching we do in class I was never clear on which pencil to use or how to make a decision on which pencil to use. Now I know why I'm using a 2H pencil first and graduating to a softer pencil. A 2H pencil is for "groundwork" I guess to sketch and get all of your lines down. After this I can go back with a 6B pencil to add in depth, clean lines, dimension, etc. So glad I found this video! Now I'm just that much closer to improving my drawing skill!

No comments:

Post a Comment